Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Chapter1: Meeting

Jordy

My walking came to an end when I saw a motel about a block away 7Am in Chi-Town the red sign red, it was pushing on 9pm and I had no where else to go, I never really was the type to have alot of friends so I couldnt just call one of them up. People would try and be my friend, but that was only for my money so whenever anyone from school tried to open up to me I shut them down. No questions asked. But back to this motel mess, it looked run down and bug infested, and that was just from taking a look at the outside but and I had no where else to  so this would be my best bet so I sucked it up and switched hands, pulling my suitcase behind me, while walking I pulled out my pink custom made iPhone and pressed the home screen. No surprise, no notifications. Glad to know how much my parents “cared” about me.

I swatted a fly away from me as I pushed the door open with my hip, I wasn’t touching anything in here. The smell of a wet mop took over my nose and I immediately brought my nose up. These people never heard of Febreeze? I looked around for a front desk and when I saw one I quickly rolled my suitcase behind me.
“Welcome to 7am in Chi-Town, how may I help you?” an old Hispanic man with greyish black hair asked me slowly, I guess trying to get all his words out then he sent me a sweet smile.
I sent him back the same smile before looking behind him at what appeared to be a prices board.
“Hello, can I get a three night room” I said looking into my purse for my blackcard. I didn’t know how long I would be staying here, I just couldn’t be out on the streets tonight in some weird part of the town that I wasn’t familiar with. Once I got it I looked up at the guy and he had a shocked expression on his face.
“What’s wrong?” I asked eagerly, he looked like he was about to have a heart attack or something.
“Oh nothing sweetheart, it’s just that no one with one of those cards comes here” he said in his strong accent, I think he was Mexican. We shared a laugh after he said that and I waited for him to type everything into his computer before I could swipe.
“Okay, swipe now” he said pressing the last button on his computer. I swiped swiftly, but not too fast.



“Not processing” he said squinting his eyes at the screen while I looked at him like he had two heads “say something bout card no valid” he said still squinting at the screen.
I let out a low groan, he really cancelled my card? That’s basically leaving me to die.
“Man” I mumbled putting my card back into my purse, I had no money on me either … it was all on the card.
“I got her” a voice came from behind me causing me to jump a little. I looked over my shoulder and saw this guy standing there. I looked him up and down before letting my eyes meet his
“No thank you” I said quickly turning back around to pick up my suitcase. I wasn’t a charity case, and even if I was, this was a complete stranger.
“It’s no problem, trust me ma” he said kind of cockily while I picked up the handle of my suitcase.
I said nothing to him but instead walked around him and out the door of this musty motel.
“Where you headed?” I heard a voice ask. I looked beside me and saw the same guy but this time he was driving beside me, leaning his head out the window of a black escalade
I looked back in front of me and picked up my pace. Only the car drove a little faster matching my pace, I know what you’re thinking, run. But I couldn’t with this heavy ass suitcase behind me and I was NOT going to leave all my stuff behind.
“Why you running for? I’m not a kidnapper” he said while letting out a low laugh. I looked at him from the corner of my eye and just picked up my pace more.
Why the freak was he following me? I thought as the car kept up with my pace, not slowing down once.
“So you can’t talk?”
I ignored him yet again and put a tight grip on my phone, I unlocked it and went to the dialpad, getting ready to type in 911.
“Just tell me where you headed and I can give you a ride, you look a little tired dragging that suitcase behind you” his voice came out again, but this time I thought I heard sincerity.
“I don’t know where I’m going” I said still walking and not looking at him, but at the amount of open land left for me to walk.
Chris/Breezy

“Why we following her?” my homeboy Mijo whispered while keeping his eyes on the road.
I ignored him and turned my attention back to the girl, she was stubborn that’s a fact but atleast I got something out of her.
“So how bout you drive with us until you see somewhere that you wanna go and we’ll drop you off” I said still trying to break her. I don’t even know why I was trying to be honest. I had about five different girls that was on my head right now but when I saw her in the lobby I dunno, but I had to have her or atleast talk to her.
I dunno if it’s that wild curly hair that’s got me tripping, or her perfect body that sit right in those high waist jeans she was wearing with that tight orange top, or was it her face… her beautiful almond colored face, no… it was definitely her big pink lips, yeah.. that was it.
“Breezy” Mijo snapped breaking me out of my ocean of thoughts. I looked around and noticed that the car stopped moving and so did she.
“You gonna open her door or what?” he said snickering a bit before shaking his head.
Wait, she agreed? I turned to my left and saw her standing there with her suitcase in front of her. I got out the car and she flinched back a little, I smiled then.
“I’m not gonn’ hurt you” I said taking the suitcase out of her grip and rolling it to the back on the car. The trunk popped open and I used my strength to put the suitcase in safely.
After I slam the trunk back close I walked back around and she was just standing there looking at me cautiously. I walked up and stopped in front of her, but not directly in front but at a good distance.
“Um, If you want to ride with us… you’re going to have to be in the car” I said smartly then smiled when I saw her bring her eyebrows together. She looked like she had a mouth on her.
Jordy
Why did I agree to ride with these complete strangers I thought while the car pulled off. I glanced down at my phone quickly and unlocked it keeping the dialpad open, it’s never too late to call for help.
“Relax ma” the same guy said. I looked up and saw that he was looking at me through the rearview mirror. I ignored him but still took his advise and leaned back into my seat, leaning my head on the window and looking out.
My phone started vibrating and I looked down seeing his name flash across, I sucked my teeth causing both of the guys to look back at me. I ignored their stares and slid my finger across the screen answering it.
“What” I stated instead of asked.
I heard him laugh before answering “I’m guessing you found out that your cards are no longer in use” he said before he let out another laugh. I heard someone else laughing in the background, my freaking nosy mother.
“I’m guessing you still don’t realize that I don’t give a care, don’t call back my phone” I said harshly before ending the call. Kill him, Kill them. I didn’t need them for anything.
“You good?” I leaned up a bit from the window and looked up at him.
“Yeah” I said lowly trying to calm myself down. My hands were slightly shaking and my breathing was speeding up. I hated when I let them, when I let him get to me. He had no right to call himself a father, when all he’s ever done for me was force me to do something that I didn’t want to do.
The guy stared at me for a little longer, making me grow a bit uncomfortable before turning back around in his seat. I layed back against the window and look out, trying to see where I would go next. With no money in hand.
A few hours later
I turned and rolled over before I fell off whatever I was laying on, causing a loud thud to be set off.
“Man” I cursed myself sitting up. I wiped the sleep that was in my eyes and looked around. Where the heck am I? Was the first thing that ran across my mind as I jumped up, in search for my phone. I located it on a glass coffee table nearby and quickly grabbed it still looking around at my surroundings.
How the world did I get here? All I remember was laying my head against the window then my eyelids gave away on me. Man! I went to sleep. Man! How could I let my guard down like that? Especially when I was suppose to be watching those dudes every moves. Man! I studied the room a bit more, it was stunning .. like something out of a magazine. Still, where are the guys that were driving? I hope these dudes didn’t drug me and stuff like that or some stuff.
“About time you woke up” I jumped and looked around for where the voice was coming from. When I did I saw the same guy from the car standing in the doorway. Now that I got a good look at him in this lighting and not the hazy one back at the hotel.. he was beautiful
“uh.. yeah” I said looking away from him and quickly dismissing the naughty thoughts that were now clouding up my head. You don’t know him, so what if he’s freaking handsome… he’s just a stranger. Yeah, a random dude  that you don’t know.
“W-where am I? And why am I here?” I asked looking at him now only to look away again. Man, he just doesn’t know.
I heard him laugh then footsteps followed, I didn’t look up until I saw his feet in front of mine.
“Why you keep looking away from me? I mean, I’m not that ugly” he said then ran his tongue across his bottom lip. I bit down on mine and tried so hard to not let it phase me, but it did and I could feel my body heat rising.
“Are you gonna answer my questions?” I asked. It came out rude but I didn’t care. I wanted to know where I was and that I wasn’t with some psycho killer.
“Fiesty, I like” he said before giving me a full look over. I rolled my eyes when he bit down on his lip. Regular dude.
“But welcome to my crib!” he shouted for no apparent reason and opened up his arms.
“Okay… now why am I here?”
He laughed “Man, well you fell asleep in the car. We didn’t know where you were going so I just took you back here and was waiting for you to wake up so you could figure your stuff out”.
I squinted my eyes at him while he told me what “supposedly” happened, I didn’t know If I should believe him or not. I didn’t feel like I was drugged so I just shrugged my shoulders.
“I don’t know what I’m gonna do next” I said unlocking my phone. Can you believe I was actually thinking about calling my dad, apologizing AND agreeing to go to those stupid medical classes just so I could have somewhere to stay? El oh El. I’d rather be homeless that crawl back begging to him.
“Oh” he said scratching the back of his neck randomly making his muscles flex through the white Tee he was wearing. I noticed that his arms were covered with tattoos, not a single spot was clean. I was so lost analyzing and trying to count how many tattoos that he had that I didn’t even realize he said something.
“huh?” I asked bringing my eyes up to meet his. He looked into my orbs before smiling. His smile was nice too.
“I said I’m Breezy, I didn’t even introduce myself during our ride” he said holding a hand out. I shook it quickly before pulling back, I didn’t want him to feel the heat that was radiating off my body.
“Breezy? Um, okay.. I’m Jordy” I said trying not to judge his name, but Breezy? wasn’t that a freaking wired? Idnoo.
“Yeah Breezy.. and Jordy? …I like” he said making me smile a bit. Most people made fun of my name, saying it was a nick name and not a first name, blah blah. I could buy their whole freaking existence though… well I used to could.
“Thanks” I said truthfully.
“But um, If you don’t have anywhere to go, uh, you can stay here.. just until you get your stuff together. I have alot of rooms, and it’s only me here so…” he said ending there.
As bad as I wanted to say no, this really was my last resort. Why the freak couldnt my dad just leave me be with my card.
“Um, you don’t really look like a serial killer” I said making him laugh. His laugh was cute too. Wait, how the world was someone’s laugh cute? Idnoo bro, but I liked hearing it.
“I’m not, trust me. I’m also not a rapist, a kidnapper, pervert, psycho…” he said adding a finger each time he named something. I laughed a little then covered my face when he stopped and smiled at me.
“Wait, where’s my stuff?” I asked looking around frantically.
He made a face then nodded his head “Oh, it’s upstairs. I put it in one of my empty rooms so it wouldn’t be in the way” he said as he began to walk towards the doorway. I just stood there, not sure if I should follow or not.
“C’mon Jordy. I said I’m not a psycho!” he yelled as he turned some corner. I smiled a bit and quickly exited the same door that he did, catching up to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment